The Global Leadership & Engagement (GLE) program in Thailand brings together students from across Asia and the US to learn and share their perspectives on pressing global challenges. During this immersive experience, participants will visit innovative organizations tackling complex social issues, join exciting workshops to develop leadership skills, and work in teams to explore solutions to social issues in a Thai community.
|Program fee for GLE Thailand includes:
|Costs NOT included in the program fee:
Enlight Fellowship: Successful applicants for this fellowship will receive a $500-1500 award towards the program tuition. Click here to learn more about scholarship opportunities.
Refer a Friend Award: We’d love to know if you have friends or siblings/relatives who you think would be a great match for the GLE program. If you and someone you recommend is accepted to the program, you will receive a $100 award that will be applied to your program fee.
“It’s an incredible chance for me to not only learn about leadership, social issues but also cultures, languages and people. I hope I could join more programs which are similar to GLE in the future as well as I hope my friends, family members could get the opportunity to join this valuable program.” – Ho Huynh Bao Ngoc, GLE 2016 Thailand participant
“GLE program encourages me to become a active and creative leader and makes me improve more about my leadership abilities and skills to move forward for my future career and education.Thanks to VIA.” – Khin Chit Win, GLE 2016 Thailand participant
- Mid-February: Applications open
- February-April: Information sessions in Asia
- April 30: Priority deadline
- May 2-5: Skype interviews
- May 9-12: Successful applicants receive acceptance letters
- May 15: Participants begin pre-travel checklist
- May 26: Payment, agreement form deadline; start visa application process, if applicable
- Early to mid-June: Complete pre-program assignments, book flight to Bangkok
- June 23: Submit flight information
*Preparation activities and deadlines may be added/modified any time before the program
To see if this program is a good match, we want to know get to know you: your passion, motivation, interests and experiences! In the application, you can share about yourself [in English] in 3 sections:
- Background & Contact Information – Tell us some basic information about yourself and how to reach you.
- Deeper Questions – Share your story & show your personality through short essays OR video* by answering the following questions:
- Why do you want to participate in a program focusing on leadership?
- Which global issue (e.g., poverty, education, human rights, etc.) are you most passionate about solving?
- Tell us a little about your hobbies or passions, your character, and your plans for the future.
- If you are applying for a scholarship, you MUST make a video [no more than 5 minutes]. Click here for video tips.
- Interview: The final step will be a 10-15 minute Skype/phone interview with the Program Director. In this application, you will be asked to reserve an interview time. If your application is selected, you will receive confirmation of your interview time shortly after the application deadline.