In a few days, two recent VIA Global Community Fellowship alumni – Angela Arunarsirakul (Indonesia 2014-16) and Chennal Breen (Indonesia 2015-16) – will be participating in NusantaRun 4. NR4 is an annual charity run that is now in its fourth year. On December 16-18, Angela and Chennal will be joining 198 other runners to run from Cirebon to Purwokerto (145km, 90miles). They are raising money for Yayasan Intan Permata Hati to construct a much-needed school in Purwokerto, Central Java.
You can support Angela and Chennal’s efforts by donating on their fundraising pages (see detailed instructions at the bottom of the post):
Your contribution of any size will mean a lot to them and the students who will benefit from a proper school facility. Donations can be as little as 20,000 rupiahs (~$1.50).
Support one or both of these two fantastic alumni – it all goes towards the same goal of making sure that the young people of this particular town in Indonesia can benefit from an education. Angela and Chennal both have extensive backgrounds in education and youth development, and like many in the VIA community, they know the importance of a proper learning environment and what a difference access to education can make in the lives of young people for their future and society.
Help VIA cheer for Angela and Chennal!
- Click on a link (www.kitabisa.com/nr4angela or www.kitabisa.com/nr4chennal).
- Click on the red and white Indonesian flag in the top right hand corner to change the language to English.
- Click on the “Donate Now” button.
- Enter your donation amount in rupiahs (it’s about 13,000 rupiahs to the dollar). There is a small transaction fee added later*.
- Fill in your name and e-mail, choose “credit card,” enter “0” in the phone number field, and check the box to indicate agreement with terms.
- Review summary and click “pay now”.
- You’ll get a thank you e-mail confirmation in Indonesian.
*Please note this is a foreign transaction so you may have to contact your bank beforehand. You may incur a foreign transaction fee from your bank. If there are difficulties or you’d like to bypass the foreign transaction fee, you can make a donation via PayPal to angela.arunarsirakul|at|gmail.com. Please include a note so that she can direct it to the correct person.