Priority Application Deadline: Sunday, October 30, 2022 @ 11:59 PM US Pacific Time
Program Dates: Spring / Summer 2023 – 2024 (exact start and end date may vary by post)
Locations: Indonesia, Japan, Thailand, Vietnam
NOTICE REGARDING COVID-19 IMPACT ON THE GLOBAL COMMUNITY FELLOWSHIP: Available posts and start dates may change throughout the application and selection cycle, depending on the severity of the pandemic in different regions. We ask for applicants’ patience and understanding as we navigate an uncertain fellowship cycle.
The Global Community Fellowship is a 13-15 month program for recent university graduates and starting as well as experienced professionals. Fellows work at NGOs, schools, universities, and social enterprises across Asia to support community development, capacity-building, and education. By working directly with communities, fellows get hands-on experience learning how organizations in Asia are using creative and innovative methods to address critical social challenges.
Fellow Roles & Responsibilities
Fellows engage in a wide range of activities and tasks with our local partners. Each post has a unique mix of responsibilities, which generally fall into the following categories:
- Education — Fellows advance student development in critical thinking and cross-cultural communication. Through teaching (English or other subjects depending on the post), you’ll help students to access future education and professional opportunities.
- Training & Capacity-building — Fellows develop training resources and curricula for partners to enhance their organizational operations and optimize for impact. You may help with needfinding, research, training program or workshop design, facilitation, and assessment for partner staff and/or the communities they serve.
- Community Development — Fellows support community development and international communication efforts by facilitating access resources, networks, and collaboration opportunities. You may help with fundraising, project management, and community outreach efforts of our local partners.
Who Can Apply?
- Starting and experienced professionals who have completed at least a 4-year undergraduate degree (must graduate by June 2022).
- Due to certain visa/work permit restrictions and the needs of our partner organizations, fellowship posts are often limited to US citizens/residents, or individuals who have received their bachelor’s degree from a US university. We will review the eligibility of non-US citizens on a case-by-case basis.
Click the headings below for more information…