About the Enlight Scholarship
The Enlight Scholarship can be applied to the 2018 Indonesia Summer Internship in Indonesia. This is both a merit and need-based scholarship. Award amounts will be determined based on the student’s qualifications for the program and financial need.
- Requirements: Must be at least 18 years old, currently enrolled in a North American college or university, and applying to VIA’s 2018 Indonesia Summer Immersion Internship with VIA in Indonesia.
- Amount: Partial to full coverage of program cost, depending on applicant merit, program length, and financial need
- Deadline(s): Scholarship applications are due December 1, 2017 for priority consideration.
- Application Process: Students must be nominated or receive a recommendation from a professor. Professors can nominate a student before the student starts their application (see below for details). If a student submits their application first, they will be prompted to share a link to the recommendation form with their professor.
- Application Tip: The scholarship application is included in the Indonesia Summer Immersion Internship application form. You can start the application even if you haven’t received a nomination – just be prepared to input the name and email address of the person you are requesting a letter of recommendation from, and send the recommendation form to your professor after you submit your application.
About the Application Process
There are two ways to start the scholarship application process:
Nominations/Recommendations from Mentors (click to access form)
If you are a university professor, you are invited to nominate students who you believe would be good candidates for this scholarship. When completing the recommendation form, an email will automatically be sent to the nominated student, inviting them to complete their portion of the application (please let them know they will be receiving this email).
Applications from Students (click to access application)
If you are a student, you may also apply to the scholarship directly – it is included in the Indonesia Summer Immersion Internship application. You will be asked to include the name and email address of the professor who will complete the recommendation form on your behalf. When you complete your application, you will be reminded to send the link and information about the recommendation form to your professor in an email.